June 17, 2019
Daily skin care tips for dry skin
Dry skin is common and can be controlled easily! Include the following tips if you have dry skin in your daily life and surely you will be able to keep your skin moisturized and nourished, from inside and outside!
- Hydrate yourself well. Drink at least two to three liters of water daily.
- Make sure to use moisturizing shower gels or ph balanced soap or even cleansing lotions to keep your skin moisturized.
- Avoid using loofahs or scrubs, especially during the winter season.
- Apply Moisturiser or coconut oil on your skin before sleeping. This will keep your skin moisturized throughout the night.
- In the mornings, after your bath, make sure to not dry yourself too harshly. Instead, simply pat dry your body, and while it is still damp, dab a lot of moisturizer on it.
- No matter what your skin might be, make sure to use moisturizer on it, especially during the winter season.
- Make sure to not expose your skin to any extreme temperatures – be it an air conditioner or a heater. Cover yourself well.
- Use lukewarm water when having a bath.
- Remember to use sunscreen on your skin every time you step out. Make sure to cover yourself well hats or full- sleeved clothes.
- Try to use gloves when working in water for long periods of time.
- Use those products that aren’t strongly scented.
- If you suffer from skin diseases such as eczema, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, Which cause your skin to become dry, then make sure to use your dermatologist prescribed medicated creams.
- Avoid junk food or processed food. Fill your meals with fresh fruits, sprouts, green vegetables And also make sure to add lots of ghee, butter, and cream in your diet. This will nourish your skin from within to make it glow!
- Make sure to avoid too much coffee, alcohol or even smoking as all these can dehydrate you from within.
Dr. Dhananjay Chavan