Hypothyroid in this condition your thyroid gland does not produce enough hormones to regulate the activities of the body. It is a small butterfly shape which is present in front of your neck. Mostly older women suffer from this problem than men.
Let’s talk about the symptoms of hypothyroid:
- Weight gain
- Dry and thinning of hairs
- Difficulty in the menstrual cycle
- Muscle stiffness
- Mood swings
This hypothyroid can be treated with medication and maintaining with balanced diet and exercise.
As you have said you are having dry skin, which means your skin is not getting a good amount of hydration and due to lack of moisture, you see dry skin. This is one of the uncomfortable conditions in which we get itching, scaling, cracking a lot. This dry skin can occur in any part of your body. Mostly if anyone is suffering from a thyroid problem, then there are chances of getting dry skin the most.
Let’s talk about some home remedies to take care of dry skin:
- Coconut oil: Daily using coconut oil two times a day will help to give a good result.
- Moisturizer: Daily using moisturizer after taking bath is also essential.
- Dust: protecting your skin from dust is also important, to avoid dry skin.
Dark spots or pigmentation (melasma): If you are having a thyroid, and having dry skin then there are chances of getting pigmentation as well. This is seen in almost most of the women, it can start at any age and within few years it is seen more prominent by 40 years.
There are various reasons for hyperpigmentation:
- Hormonal changes.
- Sun exposure
- Over the counter medications
What are the causes of Skin Pigmentation?
It’s very important to know your skin problem and make sure you meet a good and certified dermatologist and get yourself checked in the initial period so to get proper treatment and medications for the same. It will be really difficult to say any medications or creams, in this platform without doing any physical examination. It’s against medical ethics if we follow so.
Following a few tips might help you:
- Having a balanced diet
- Doing exercise daily
- Having a good sleep of 8 hrs
- Drinking 3 to 4 liter of water
- Using sunblock, SPF 30 to SPF 50 during the daytime.
- Using dermatologist has given medications and creams.
For treating your skin condition, feel free to get in touch with one of our best dermatologists in Pune
. You can also call on +919584584111
to book an appointment at one of our skin clinics near you.