Dr Dhruv Chavan, M.B.B.S. M.S M.CH (Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery)
Dr. Dhruv Chavan, a certified plastic surgeon, is a master of cosmetic enhancements. His surgical mastery, keen eye for detail, and patient-focused philosophy ensure remarkable outcomes. His track record of achieving outstanding results underscores his commitment to excellence. Dr. Dhruv’s proficiency and personalized care make him a trusted choice for individuals seeking the best in cosmetic surgical procedures.
Dr. Dhruv Chavan, is a renowned plastic surgeon affiliated with ClearSkin Clinic in Pune. With a specialization in plastic surgery, Dr. Chavan brings a wealth of experience and expertise to his practice.
Known for his commitment to excellence, he is dedicated to providing personalized and innovative solutions to enhance the aesthetic well-being of his patients. His skills and proficiency in the field make him a sought-after professional in the realm of plastic surgery at ClearSkin Pune.
Renowned for his expertise, Dr. Dhruv Chavan excels in a diverse range of surgeries
- Breast Augmentation(Implant & fat)
- Liposuction(Gynecomastia, Body Contouring)
- Cosmetic Gynaecology(Vaginal Tightening, Labio Plasty, Hymenoplasty)
- Scar Revisions
- Breast Reduction & Breast Lift Face Lift
- Lip Lift, Eyebrow lift, Blepharoplasty
- Face Rejuvenation Anti-Aging Treatment by fat ( Stem Cells)
Enhance Your Beauty, Elevate Your Confidence.
Additional Qualifications & Trainings
- Trained under Dr Sam Lam, Plastic Surgeon in the University of St Louis, Missouri in Advanced Hair Transplantation Cadaveric Course in March 2016.
- Trained under Dr PV Narayanan, Professor in The Charles Pinto Centre for Cleft lip, Palate and Craniofacial Anomalies, Thrissur, Kerala, IN in September 2021 in Advanced Techniques in Cleft Lip & Palate Management
- Trained under Dr Sunil Keswani, Plastic Surgeon in the National Burns Center, Mumbai, IN in Intensive Management of Burns Wounds Post Burns Reconstruction in November 2021
Awards & Academic Achievements
- Won the Best Research Paper Presentation Award on ‘Efficacy of Hair Follicle Transplant vs Split Thickness Skin Grafting in Chronic Non-healing Ulcer - RCT’ presented at ARSIcon 2018, the Annual Conference of Association of Rural Surgeons of India in November 2018
- Won the 1st place prize in Quiz on Hand Surgery at the Hand Surgery Day CME held at Dept of Plastic Surgery, B J Medical College & Sassoon Hospital, Pune, MH, IN in August 2021
- Chavan D, Vishwanath G, Patil B, Sankhe M. A Quick, Economical and Easy Method of Skin Graft Fixation. Indian J Plast Surg. 2021;54(3):379-380. doi:10.1055/s-0041-1734581
- Vishwanath G, Chavan D. Letter comments on: "The reverse flow extensor digitorum brevis flap for dorsal foot defects - A single center study". J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2022;75(5):1765-1779. doi:10.1016/j.bjps.2022.01.055
- Nerlekar HV, Saygaonkar HV, Chavan D. An Analytical Study of Antibiotics helping or Delaying diagnosis of appendicitis in pediatric patients. International Journal of Current Advanced Research. Sept. 2018;7 ((9)F):15601-15603. doi: 10.24327/ijcar.2018.15603.7694
- Kshirsagar AY, Chavan D. A Comparative analytical study of cutting diathermy versus scalpel incision in elective surgeries in surgical departments in tertiary healthcare institute. International Journal Of Current Advanced Research. Feb. 2019;8 (02(f)],):17492-17495. doi: 10.24327/ijcar.2019.17495.3321
- Chougule PG, Chavan D. Treatment of ulcer by hair , follicular unit transplantation and split thickness skin grafting. J. Cardiovasc Disease Res., March 2020; 11(1): 59-64. doi: 10.31838/jcdr.2020.11.01.13
- Sawarkar K, Shaha P, Narayan R, Chavan D, More D, Biyani A. Role of Computed Tomography in Predicting Severity of Acute Pancreatitis and its Correlation with Clinical Outcome . International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research 2019;6(2):B10-B17. doi: 10.21276/ijcmr.2019.6.2.45
Plastic Surgery Residency Highlights
Some of Dr Dhruv Chavan’s career highlights include the following.
- First resident at the Department of Plastic And Reconstructive Surgery at Dr D Y Patil Medical College and Research Multi Super-Speciality Hospital, Pune
- First responder for all Plastic surgical and vascular emergencies (on Call) for 3 years at the Tertiary care Hospital(DYPMCH).
- Operated on more than 1000 Major Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery cases as operating and first assisting surgeon.
- Under guidance of Dr G Vishwanath was involved in the setting up of a Microsurgical training facility on Rat based model at the Skills Laboratory in D Y Patil Medical College, Pune.
- Was actively involved in the development of the training department under the guidance of faculty.
- Managed Inter disciplinary communications for the department.
- Was the In Charge Resident of 5 bed Burns ICU for Acute Burns Management.
- Happily managed a staff of more than 50 Nursing professionals involved with the Plastic surgery
Department(Male and Female patients Ward, Burns ICU, OT Staff and OPD).