Yogesh R. Kulkarni
November 17, 2018
What is the best medicine for acne vulgaris?
You are confused with acne and acne vulgaris, and don’t know where to get the answer? Suffering from this issue don’t know how to resolve the acne problem. You are searching for medicine for acne vulgaris, but not getting the name. Today Dr. Dhananjay Chavan will explain the best medicine for acne vulgaris.
What is acne vulgaris?
Do you know that acne is also known as acne vulgaris? Yes, it is. Acne is a chronic and inflammatory skin condition. Due to which you will experience skin spots, dark spots and pimples on your skin. Acne is nothing but a skin problem which happens due to oil secretion and due to which the pores become clogged and infected. It is mostly it is seen in teenage girls and boys. If not treated then, acne can create more pusses in the pores. Acne can be categorized into mild, moderated, hormonal and severe. Acne Vulgaris is a chronic skin condition in which the pores are blocked with oil and dead cells. It’s a very common skin condition.
Acne vulgaris cause
There only one cause of acne vulgaris excessive increase of Bacterium Propionibacterium in the skin which increases the infection.
Medication for acne vulgaris
The first medication to be used if you are having this problem is tetracycline like minocycline or doxycycline. Oral antibiotics can also be used for some time to prevent antibiotic resistance. It can also be used oral antibiotics with retinoids and benzoyl peroxide.
How to prevent Acne Vulgaris?
- Keeping your skin clean and wash your face twice a day.
- Don’t ever scrub the acne which is present.
- Plz, don’t disturb popping the acne.
- Try to use light makeup or no makeup on the acne marks.
- Avoid touching the acne.
- Don’t rub the phone on the acne while talking on the phone.
- Avoid going to sunlight as more sebum production will happen.
- Keep your hairs also clean, as if your hairs are not washed and have more oils, which can spread into the facial skin.
- In case you see acne on your shoulders then you need to wear loose clothes so that your acne is not disturbed.
- Try keeping yourself cool, in a humid climate to avoid more of sweating on your face and body.
Home remedies for Acne
- Topical application of tea will also give relief as it has polyphenols.
- Having a good and healthy diet will also help in avoiding having acne. Having lots of vitamins and minerals like fruits and vegetable, protein-rich foods like soy products, tofu, chicken, fish, egg white, pulses etc.
- Using tea tree oil also helps in some cases.
Treatment for Acne
- In case if any of the acne cysts are severely infected then your dermatologist may use corticosteroid injections.
- Oral contraceptive pills also recommended suppressing your overactive glands.
- Microdermabrasion treatment also can be done with dermatologist concern.
- Laser treatment like using fractional or q switched laser can also help if dermatologist suggest.
The above tips for acne given might help you and can help you in a fight with it. You can call us on +91-7888091118 for more information. Do share with your friends and family members which can be useful for them.
Thank you for reading!
Dr. Dhananjay Chavan