January 12, 2019
How to get acne free skin?
We all wish to possess clear and healthy skin. But few among us are lucky enough to have it. The most contributing factor to acne breakouts is excessive oil production in our skin pores. If not taken care of, pimples can leave permanent acne scars on your skin. Acne can leave indelible dents on your skin and cause embarrassment to you when you go out.
Although pimples breakouts are unavoidable, you can take several precautions to reduce their frequency of occurrence. To get clear, smooth pimple free skin you need to reduce the oil production in the skin pores. There are several ways of reducing oil production and improving the overall quality of your skin.
Here we will address methods regarding how to get pimple free skin and how to get acne free glowing skin naturally.
How to identify skin type?
Let’s check this how to know skin type.
- Take a tissue paper and dab or pat on your face.
- If you see slight oil on the paper it means you have oily skin.
- If there’s no oil then it means you have dry skin.
- When you have more oil secretion from the forehead and nose then you have combination skin.
- If your skin is neither oily nor dry then you are lucky to have normal skin.
Causes of oily skin
Oily skin is really frustrating. It is a result of excess sebum production. Sebum is a waxy, oily substance, secreted from the skin pores that protects and hydrates the skin. There can be many contributing factors for oily skin –
- The major cause of oily skin is genetics. If your parents had oily skin, chances are you’ll probably have one too.
- Pollution can also make your skin oily.
- Your lifestyle factors also can be one of the reasons.
- Eating oily food regularly can cause oily skin.
- Your skin can become oily depending on your age.
- Skipping using moisturizer.
- Internal hormones may play an important role in it.
Whether your oily skin is caused by genetics or lifestyle, it is important to know how to get rid of excess oil and shed old skin cells naturally. There are a few different ways in which oily skin can be treated either naturally or through over-the-counter treatments. Once you’ve determined the cause of your oily skin, you’ll find it easier to get rid of it for good.
The Relation between acne and oily skin
The first thing you need to keep in mind is that there are no shortcuts to treat acne or pimples. You should take good care of your skin to prevent any acne breakouts. Oily skin is more prone to get acne. Here’s what you need to know about acne and oily skin –
- The skin is exposed to germs and dirt throughout the day. When germs and dirt enter our skin pores, it mixes up with the oil and results in infection.
- You should not touch your face with unwashed hands because this will result in spreading the infection.
- Cleansing is the first and vital step in taking care of this type of skin.
Do follow the above tips to get acne free skin. Moreover, keep yourself healthy which is the biggest secret for having good skin.
Watch the video here to understand how to get acne free skin –
Best acne skincare routine
With simple pimple-free skin tips, including a thoughtful diet for acne skin, you can avoid acne or pimples from occurring.
- Hiding your skin under layers of makeup will not solve your problem. Makeup will only make your skin condition worse and will result in more acne and pimples. Try and use minimal makeup. Makeup should be applied after using moisturiser and sunscreen with a base of primer. It should be properly removed before going to bed.
- People with acne-prone skin should use a moisturizer with fewer oil contents.
- Use a gentle cleanser or face-wash to clean your face morning and night. You don’t necessarily need an acne-fighting face wash as they are very drying and harsh for the skin. Use ones that contain Salisilic instead.
- Use toner to remove excess oil, tone, and hydrate the skin.
- Use acne treatment medications like creams, if prescribed.
- Apply an oil-free moisturizer or gel to reduce dry and peeling skin. Also, use sunscreen to avoid damage due to sun exposure.
- Avoid having oily, fried or junk foods because these lead to acne or pimple breakouts. Do not eat processed foods because they can harm your skin forever.
Acne Skin Care Tips
How to get acne free glowing skin naturally? This seems to be a never-ending question asked by people all over the world. The simple answer is not to pick and pop pimples; instead, maintain a healthy diet for acne free skin. Of course, this is simpler said than done. Here are a few tips on how to get pimple free skin –
- Drink a good amount of water daily to keep your skin as well as your body hydrated. Water helps in eliminating toxins from your body and gives a healthy glow to the face.
- Don’t forget to wash your face with regular water at least 4-5 times a day. It will help you in getting pimple free skin.
- Try to avoid touching your face with your hands frequently because it can result in acne breakouts. Be sure you wash your hands before applying any skincare products.
- Do not touch your acne or pimples with your hands because it can cause permanent acne scars on the skin.
If these tips didn’t work with your acne-prone skin, you must see a good dermatologist. At Clear Skin Clinic, we have various treatments for acne-prone skin and acne scars. You can call us on +91-7888091118, we will be happy to help you out.
Thank you so much for reading!
Dr. Dhananjay Chavan