November 15, 2018
How to get rid of whiteheads?
A beautiful is really bliss on today’s generations. On today’s days due to pollutions, dust and dirt, you may not have good skin. This may be really problematic to get spot-free skin. Acne is one of the common problems for oily skin. It can create whiteheads if you don’t treat your acne problem. You may have this question on your mind – How to get rid of whiteheads? Don’t worry have patience, Dr. Dhananjay Chavan will explain and give you a proper solution to get rid of whiteheads problems.
What are whiteheads?
It is nothing but another form of acne. It can be caused due to excess oil secretion, dead skin, dirt and clogged pores. Whiteheads are generally closed inside the pores. It is really frustrating and annoying due to the sudden appearance of whiteheads.
Best ways to get rid of whiteheads
Treatments for whiteheads
Whiteheads are really irritating at the time, if not taken proper care at the proper time. It can turn into painful acne. Before doing any treatments its important to consult a dermatologist. Through his guidance follow the treatments.
- You can also use treatments like Over-the-counter (OTC) treatments. Many acne medications are available without a prescription. These medications are available in the form of creams or gels and you can directly apply on your skin. These drugs contain ingredients such as salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide.
- Then, your doctor might also recommend Prescription medications that are stronger and are generally used when OTC treatments don’t help. These Medications contain vitamin A that help to keep plugs from forming in the hair follicles and promote more rapid turnover of skin cells. These medications are applied directly to your skin and can include tazarotene, tretinoin or adapalene.
- Blackheads can be often be removed manually by Dermatologists or specially trained skin-care professionals who use a special instrument called around a loop extractor to remove the plug causing the whitehead.
- Then there is Microdermabrasion. During microdermabrasion, a skin specialist doctor uses a special instrument that contains a rough surface to sand the top layers of your skin. Sanding the skin removes clogs that cause blackheads.
- Chemical peels are also another option for your whitehead. While these treatments can help reduce and treat your blackheads. Then you need to ensure you take care of your skin to prevent them in the future as well. You can prevent blackheads by following these tips every day.
If you are frequently having a problem with acne, whiteheads, blackheads problem then it shows you are having oily skin. If you are prone to oily skin, then you need to take extra care of your facial skin.
- You need to wash your face when you wake up and before you go to bed to remove oil buildup.
- You can also take facial steam which will help you to remove excess oil from your face.
- Use a gentle cleanser that doesn’t make your skin irritated or red. Some acne cleansing products have antibacterial ingredients that kill Propionibacterium acne bacteria.
- Make sure to use oil-free products. As any product that contains oil can contribute to new whiteheads. Using oil-free or non-comedogenic makeup, lotions and sunscreens could help to control the oil build on your skin which is the cause of whiteheads.
Do watch this video to get more clear knowledge on clearing blackheads and whiteheads problem.
Home remedies for whiteheads
You are suffering from whiteheads and looking to clear it through home remedies. Then you should be careful about which are good and will suit your skin.
- Using tea tree oil or aloe vera face which really works well for oily skin and helps in removing the oil.
- You can use apple cider vinegar which will help you to control your sweat and it acts as astringent.
- Lemon juice is also good, which helps to soak oil. It also contains antibacterial properties.
- Honey also has good healing properties and also have antibacterial properties. It helps to smooth your skin and are good for oily skin.
If you are having a whitehead problem, then try out home remedies. It may not work for all, it may work for some and may not for some. Do examine your skin and accordingly use on your skin.
If you ever feel like your problem persists, consult a dermatologist who can then assess your skin’s needs. You can call us on +91-7888091118, we will be happy to help you out. Do share our blog with your near and dear ones.
Thank you so much for reading!
Dr. Dhananjay Chavan