April 12, 2018
How much does acne treatment cost?
Acne is a worldwide problem for all youngers and adults. As you are looking from acne treatments, so don’t worry you are on the correct page. We will help you out with the treatments. Thinking of getting acne treatments done, now you might be thinking about acne treatment cost. Dr Dhananjay Chavan will help you understand about and its cost.
What is acne?
Do you have an acne problem? It is a very common problem which may be seen by anyone. A chronic skin condition where your skin pores are clogged with dead cells into the hair pores. It is mostly seen in teenagers and adults. Types of Acne can be blemishes, white head, blackheads, papules, pustules, nodule & cystic.
In order to guide you, we have to understand your grade of acne you have. Not every patient with acne will need aggressive treatment may vary depending upon the grade of acne. Acne treatments will help you treat your acne problems, which with the concern of dermatologist you can take.
- PRP treatment: In this treatment, your 30 to 40 ml of blood is taken and then centrifuged. The plasma is then collected and then injected into the skin. It helps in skin rejuvenation, helps to tighten the collagen and pimples as well.
- Lasers: In this treatment, your skin is examined and then according to the skin condition, the laser is decided. Mostly you can get done IPL and CO2 laser for acne problems.
- Chemical peels: Peels are one of the best for acne treatments. There are many peels such as black peels, salicylic acid, glycolic acid peels etc.
- Comedone extractions: By this procedure, you can remove blackheads, whiteheads easily. You can do this treatment at home also.
- Medications: There are medications and creams for acne treatments such as benzoyl peroxide, erythromycin, anti-bacterial creams, retinol creams, vitamin A creams etc. are used for acne treatment.
Good control on acne lesions can be achieved in 4 to 5 months, for post-acne pigmentation it may take overall 6 months to get better results. After treatment maintenance is advised to control new acne lesions. Make sure you get these treatments done with any dermatologist so that you can understand about the treatments.
How much does acne treatment cost?
Today’s topic is what is the cost of acne treatment, so you need to know many factors. The cost of acne treatments varies on many factors such, so let’s check the points:
- It varies from clinic to clinic. Like where is the clinic located, the infrastructure, which city etc
- The doctor who will be doing the treatment.
- The severity of your acne condition.
- It also depends on the area to be treated like for face it is less expensive than back or arms.
- The skin type is also one of the factors for the cost of acne.
- Which treatment you are undergoing like for lasers and PRP are more expensive than chemical peels and other over the counter medications.
It is better to get a consultation from a board-certified dermatologist, who is fully equipped with all advanced, FDA approved Gold standard treatment options.
Acne treatment: Per session cost
Now as we know about acne treatment and how it is done. So now let’s discuss in details about the cost factor.
- PRP cost varies from 3000 rs to 20,000 per session rs clinic to clinic in India.
- Laser treatment for acne cost from 2000rs to 15,000 rs.
- Chemical peels cost from 500 rs t0 10,000 rs depending on the area of the treatment.
- Comedone extractions cost may vary from 1000 rs to 5000 rs session.
Now you are aware of the per-session cost. Henceforth, if you have more queries, feel free to post your questions, we will be happy to answer those as early as possible. You can call us on +91-7888091118, our team will help you out.
Thank you for reading!
Dr. Dhananjay Chavan