February 10, 2019
How to treat hormonal acne?
Don’t you think, having flawless skin is a blessing? All ladies love to have clear and flawless skin at any time of the year. But due to heavy pollution, dust, unhealthy food habits, it becomes difficult to maintain healthy skin. When you are on your 20’s or ’30s any time you can be affected due to acne problems. Getting hormonal acne is also possible if you don’t take proper care of your lifestyle. You should know how to treat hormonal acne and to maintain healthy skin. Dr. Dhananjay Chavan will give you a clear image on how to treat hormonal acne.
What is hormonal acne?
Acne is a very common problem in our day today’s life. This type of acne is mostly seen when there are fluctuations in our hormones. It happens when your androgen the male hormones (testosterone) increases suddenly. Hormonal acne can affect at any age for females. It mostly appears on the lower parts of your face like on the chin and around the jawline.
Hormonal acne causes
It is really important to know the root cause of your acne problem. Don’t neglect it, do follow a good healthy lifestyle.
Let’s talk about a few points about causes:
- Its seen mostly hormonal acne is affected in the T zone area of the face.
- Hormonal acne can be due to menstrual cycle irregularities, PCOS, menopause, due to androgen level high.
- Hormonal acne can occur in your 30’s, 40’s and 50’s of your age.
- Mainly testosterone is responsible for acne and due to which sebum production increases.
- It is due to mostly hormonal imbalance.
Signs of hormonal imbalance
Hormones are nothing but are chemicals which are produced by glands in the endocrine system. When you have less or very little hormones in your bloodstream then you may have hormonal imbalances. Hormones are very essential for our body, so if you have more or fewer hormones in our body, then you will experience side effects.
Let’s check the signs of hormonal imbalance:
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Breast tenderness
- Heavy bleeding
- Hot flashes
- Virginal dryness
Treatment for hormonal acne
It is very important to start with your internal medication first so that it can be more beneficial for you. If you are having mild acne, then only medications can be helpful.
Let’s check How to treat hormonal acne and what is the clinical treatment which is good to control hormonal acne:
- A chemical peel like lactic acid peels, glycolic peels, yellow peels etc is good for acne treatments.
- Lasers like CO2 and Q switch are also good for acne.
- Dermatologist concern is very important, don’t use over the counter medications.
- Do a blood test to know your acne a better way.
- Take medications like Benzoyl peroxide and anti inflammable drugs etc.
General Acne tips
We all go through acne problems in our lives, you are male or females, acne doesn’t care. At any age, you can be attacked by acne issues.
Let’s discuss some general tips for acne:
- Regularly washing your face just twice a week but not more, helps in maintaining the hydration in your skin.
- Over-washing your face is not recommended at all in acne.
- Don’t use harsh products like more of scrubbing, exfoliating, popping acne is not at all recommended.
- Having a good and balanced diet which helps in having good and healthy skin.
- Don’t use more makeup, you can use water-based non-comedogenic products.
- Don’t use hot or warm water for your face, which might irritate your skin.
- Application of using sunscreen is really recommended.
- Don’t use any over the counter products, it’s important to meet a dermatologist and then only use it.
- Acne is also related to genetics as well.
- Use a proper cleanser as well.
What are the acne myths?
If you see suddenly acne popping out your skin, you get more conscious and start to overdo things. Today lets learn how we can take care of our skin and what we need to avoid.
A few points about acne myths lets check the points:
- It is said that due to poor hygiene is one of the reasons for acne.
- Having chocolates, milk and milk products, diet foods can result in acne.
- Doing masturbation or sex can also cause acne.
All these points are just myths so don’t keep guessing the reason for your acne. Meet a dermatologist on time to understand the underlying problem and take steps to prevent it.
To know more about hormonal acne, you can call us at +91-7888091118, we will be happy to help you out in more details. Do contact for more details, we will be happy to guide you up.
Thank you for reading!
Dr. Dhananjay Chavan