November 27, 2018
Why are my lips dark?
Let’s talk about the causes of dark lips:
- Deficiency of Vitamins: One of the most important causes of dark lips is vitamin B12 deficiencies. In this condition, you will get dark sports or patchy dark lips. When diagnosed then the doctor might tell you to have vitamin rich foods and supplements as well. In some cases, injections might be required. Vitamin B 12 foods are mostly food in animal meat like eggs, chicken, fish, mushrooms, and fortified cereals.
- Lack of water: Due to lack of hydration, decoloration of lips is also possible. It’s important to moisturize your lips all the time to avoid dryness, itching, and chapped lips. Water plays a vital role in keeping your lips and body hydrated.
- Hyperpigmentation: Pigmentation can occur in any part of our body, in lips as well. It can be heredity or due to sun rays also melasma or hyperpigmentation can occur. Hormones also can be the cause of dark lips but can affect mostly pregnant ladies.
- Medication: Taking wrong and over the counter medications without dermatologist concern can get dark lips. Using wrong creams, without proper information can also lead to hyperpigmentation.
- Smoking and alcohol: Due to smoking and drinking regularly can also lead to pigmented lips. Tobacco leads to increase the dark spots in the lips if taken very frequently.
- Allergies: Due to makeup, lipsticks, hair dye, toothpaste etc can cause allergies and which lead to having dark skin or spots.
Home remedies to prevent dark lips:
There are so many home remedies which will help you to remove dark spot and can prevent as well. But these are just tips which might work in some cases may not work as well. It’s always important to meet a dermatologist and get your lips checked and then accordingly follow the medications.
Let’s talk about a few remedies,
- Apple cider vinegar
Regular using of these items directly on lips but in a very small quantity will defiantly help in lightening the lip color. It’s important to use sunblock for lips when going out at the sun, it really helps a lot. Application of lip balm is also important to keep your lips hydrated and soft.
I hope these tips will help you to get a luscious lip.