March 16, 2019
Which is the best treatment for Skin Whitening?
Who doesn’t love having beautiful and fairer skin? Flaunting spotless skin and having beautiful skin is a dream regardless of origin, age and culture. Skin Whitening is one such procedure which can make this dream come true. This treatment will help you improve the texture of your skin and even out your skin tone. However, the original color of your skin will remain unchanged.
Skin whitening is also known as skin-brightening or depigmentation. Treatment for skin whitening is one of the cosmetic procedures which aims to lighten the darker area, dark spots, dark patches, melasma, etc. Issues like uneven skin tone and hyperpigmentation can be resolved with a permanent skin whitening treatment. Approaching a dermatologist for the right treatment protocol can help avoid frustrations of a trial and error approach experimenting with home remedies and over the counter products that can prove counterproductive.
Skin whitening can be done in any particular area of your body or to the whole body. It’s not a medical treatment, it’s just a cosmetic process. It is crucial to know your skin type in a better way before using any kind of skin whitening products or skin lightening treatments as Hydroquinone is one of the common ingredients used in almost all skin whitening products.
Types of Skin Lightening Treatment
Melanosomes are the skin cells that contain the melanin pigment which is responsible for our skin tone. Melanin is produced by the melanocytes with the help of enzyme tyrosinase. Overproduction of melanin leads to hyperpigmentation. Skin whitening is not to bleach your skin but to remove this pigmented skin from the roots. Let’s check a few treatments for skin whitening:
- Laser treatments like Co2, Q switch are the latest treatments that work well for skin lightening. This technology works well for darker skin.
- Chemical peeling like glycolic acid, lactic acid, yellow peel, etc can be done throughout the body with dermatologist concern.
- Microdermabrasion/skin polishing procedure helps remove the dead superficial layer of the skin.
- Glutathione is also one of the skin whitening/ skin lightening treatments but it doesn’t work for everyone. This is an injectable procedure, which must be taken under the supervision of a dermatologist.
- Skin whitening facial also helps to remove the sun tan and gives glowing skin.
- Prescription-based Topical Treatments are best for full body whitening treatment at home. This topical treatment causes exfoliation of old, dry skin cells which is important for new cells to form the skin. Dermatologists recommend the application of fruit acids on the face as one of the best treatments for pigmentation as it helps even out skin tone and makes the skin firm and smooth.
Let’s discuss a few points on how to maintain healthy and brighter skin:
- Drinking a good amount of water to keep your skin healthier and hydrated throughout the day.
- Using a good amount of sunscreen lotion to protect your skin from skin pigmentations, sun tan, etc. Dermatologists recommend wearing sunscreen every day to help prevent tanning and protect your skin from UV rays.
- Wash your face twice a day only containing glycolic or salicylic acid.
- Use a face wash that suits your skin.
- Include fruits and fibers in your diet which can be helpful for you to have glowing skin.
- Having a good sleep of 8 hrs can reduce stress and tension which helps to prevent dark circles.
- Reduce smoking to have good and flawless skin.
- Use moisturizer which suits your skin’s non-comedogenic creams.
- Remove your makeup before going to bed; carrying it for a long duration can make your skin rough and patchy.
- Doing 3 to 4 days a week exercise also keeps your skin healthy and gets your skin to breathe.
It’s also very important to know that any medications cannot be prescribed without doing any physical examinations of your skin. Dermatologists take care to perform patch tests of dark and dry skin that must be treated for improved skin quality. For example, lip pigmentation treatment begets a different treatment than the method used to treat a scar on the face or the delicate area under your eyes. Patch tests will reveal if the treatment is effective for your skin type.
Since no skin tone is the same, the treatment for skin whitening also differs depending on the complexion, seriousness of the pigmentation problem, lifestyle habits, and willingness to abide by the dermatologist’s advice.
I hope these tips and treatments can help you out to have glowing and healthy skin.
To know more information, you can call us on 7888091118, we will be happy to guide you.
Dr. Dhananjay Chavan