November 10, 2018
What is the best face wash for acne prone skin?
Are you fed up with your acne problems? Is it lowering your self-esteem and your confidence? Acne can be really a frustrating problem. To get rid of your acne make sure that you are taking care of your skin properly. In this post, Dr. Dhananjay Chavan from Clear Skin will explain all about acne-prone skin and how to choose the best face wash for acne-prone skin.
What is acne-prone skin?
Having acne-prone skin means you are prone to get acne if you don’t maintain your skin properly. In such skin conditions, you are more prone to get blemish Acne, which is one of the worst things that can happen to your skin. It is usually observed that oily skin tends to have more acne. Excessive oil production in the skin pores is responsible for acne breakouts. If you have oily skin then make sure you wash your face twice a day. Acne skin is more sensitive to cosmetic products. If not taken care of, acne can leave permanent acne scars on the skin. Use these simple tips to get acne-free skin:
- Use less makeup.
- Eat anti-inflammatory foods that help you fight inflammation such as berries, fatty fish, broccoli, avocados, etc.
- People with acne-prone skin should use a moisturizer with fewer oil contents. You can also apply a water-based moisturizer on your face.
- Avoid having oily, fried, or junk foods because these lead to acne or pimple breakouts.
- It is essential to follow a good skincare routine that consists of cleansing, applying moisturiser and sunscreen.
- Exfoliate your skin twice a week.
- Use the best facial wash for acne and oily skin.
- Drink a good amount of water daily to keep your skin as well as your body hydrated.
- Don’t forget to wash your face with regular water at least 4-5 times a day.
- Try to avoid touching your face with your hands frequently because it can result in acne breakouts. It can cause permanent acne scars on the skin.
Acne Prone Skincare Routine
It is really important to take good care of your acne-prone skin. Here are the 3 important points which will help you to get good and flawless skin.
1. Maintain hygiene:
Maintaining your hygiene plays the main role in maintaining your skin.
- Apply moisturizer daily after face wash (use a moisturizer suitable for your skin type).
- Wash your hands before washing your face.
- Wash your face using a mild, gentle and fragrance-free cleanser.
- Use sunscreen thrice daily…repeat 3 hrly 20 mins before sun exposure.
- Try not to apply excess makeup on your face.
- Remove your make up properly before going to bed
2. Proper diet and exercise:
It helps you to keep you healthy whose effect is then seen in your skin.
- Drink enough water daily.
- Intake healthy food from which you can get vitamins and proteins.
- Keep yourself away from alcohol/smoking.
- Exercise or yoga may keep you out of stress daily.
- Enough sleep is required.
3. By using medications or therapies suggested by the dermatologist:
If you are already dealing with acne problems then you should do these things:
- First, if the problem is serious you should consult a dermatologist.
- Follow the antibiotics prescribed by the doctor properly.
- Your dermatologist may suggest the treatments like chemical peels, laser treatments, and Extraction methods that doctors use to clean your pimples.
Do watch this video; it will help you to know how to wash your face. Washing the face properly is crucial to get good skin.
How to choose face wash?
According to your skin type you need to choose your face wash. It is really important to use the correct product to get better benefits. Let’s check now how we can get good face wash for our face:
For dry skin try to check for any mild cleanser, which is not harsh for your skin. You can look for such ingredients like petrolatum, lanolin oil and mineral oil-based face wash. Avoid using antibacterial soaps it is not recommended.
Sensitive or combination skin:
For such skin condition look for face wash which are fragrance-free, paraben-free and hypoallergenic products. It’s better to use an ultra-gentle cleanser.
For this type of skincare, you need to avoid water and oil-based products. Use glycolic, tea tree, aloe vera based products. It will help you in a much better way.
Do follow these steps properly to get a good product for your face. It’s important to invest in your skin and for hair products to get flawless and thick hairs.
Face wash for acne-prone skin
It not possible to prescribe medicine or recommend any brand of any face wash, online without physical examination. It is against medical ethics. Using a face wash is not the solution to get the solution to your acne problems. Some face wash/moisturizer/medications may result overnight while some may take weeks to show the results. So kindly consult Dermatologist nearby you, so that he will examine your skin & he will give treatment according to your skin need.
Let’s check the keen ingredients which are very must require when you are selecting a face wash:
- Glycolic acid
- Salicylic acid
- Benzoyl peroxide
While choosing an acne-related face wash, try to use such face wash, which will help you to remove excess oil from your skin. This will give you extra care to fight your acne problems. You can call us on +91-7888091118, we will be happy to help you out.
Thank you so much for reading!
Dr. Dhananjay Chavan