Open pores are mostly seen in the oily combination of skin. The most common causes of Open pores are –
- Sun Exposure – Sun exposure is the most common causes of open pores and even acne. Sun exposure can cause damage to skin collagen and even reduces the elasticity.
- Heredity – Your genes may be the reason behind your open pores.
- Excessive oil secretion – Excessive oil secretion from sebaceous glands gives rise to the clogged pores.
- Lifestyle and hygiene – Keeping proper/ healthy lifestyle and hygiene can prevent from getting the pores.
- Hormonal changes – This is also one of the most common causes of open pores. Because of hormonal changes oil secretion may increase.
- Makeup – This one cause is exclusive for girls who apply a lot of makeup, applying lots of makeup can even secrete lots of oil.
There are even many causes like age, cosmetics, scrubs, smoking, etc.
But if you are already suffering from open pores them here are some tips to get rid of it –
- Cleansing – Use a mild cleanser to wash your face twice a day. Make it your habit to get rid of the open pores.
- Treatments – Topical treatments like retinoids, alpha hydroxyl, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxides will definitely help you to not only to reduce the size of the pore but also it will kill the bacteria that cause acne and sun damage.
- Chemical peels – Chemical peels can help you in making your skin glow and reduce your pores. Chemical peels include salicylic acid, lactic acid, retinol, Trichloroacetic acid to remove the dry skin and make your skin look fresher and healthier.
- Laser treatments – Laser treatments can help you to reduce your open pores and lasers with combinations of peels and the topical medications will definitely treat you better.
To avail these above treatments you must visit and consult a dermatologist and then he can do proper analysis and examination of your skin and then he can guide you with the treatment according to your skin condition and type.