November 13, 2018
Does sunscreen reduce tan?
There is a number of tan removal treatments and medications.
Yes, Sunscreen is a key part for pigmentation but only and only a sunscreen cannot help you to reduce pigmentation. You have to use medications and some treatments according to your skin type. So that you can get rid of the pigmentation.
Here are the methods or treatments from which you can get rid of tanning –
- Chemical peels – Chemical peels cause mild to moderate skin exfoliation, which leads to the lightening of the skin. Various types of chemical peels are used for different indications to treat.
- Microdermabrasion – Microdermabrasion helps to remove dead skin and unclog the pores. This helps to get overall textural improvements on the skin.
- Laser toning-.These lasers can target excessive melanin in the skin and helps to reduce it gradually. The lasers available for skin tan are Q-switch laser, NDYAG laser, etc.
- Creams – Superficial levels of pigmentation can be reduced with topical creams containing kojic acid, hydroquinone, tranexamic acid, and glycolic acid. Regular use of broad-spectrum sunscreen is very important to protect your skin from harmful, adverse effects of the sun. Make sure to use sunscreen on a daily basis.
- Face wash and cleansing lotion – Using face wash or a cleanser are important when you are suffering from skin tan as it keeps the outer layer of the skin clean.
- Home Remedies – If your problem is not that serious you can switch to home remedies as most of them claim that it actually works. In addition, any home remedy can bring out any temporary results.
You are fed up of using over the counter medications and aren’t happy with the effectivity of these treatments, it is very important to visit your dermatologist?
Your dermatologist will study your case and decide your treatment plan accordingly. Do not let the problem aggravate and make sure to visit your dermatologist at the earliest!
Dr. Dhananjay Chavan