March 16, 2019
Why is my face darker than body?
Why is my face darker than body?. What should I do, I tried many products but no results yet. I’m getting frustrated day by day seeing my face. I have met so many doctors but still no results. Don’t worry you are on the correct website. We are here to solve your problem. Dr. Dhananjay Chavan will you detailed on how you can fight with the darker skin problem.
What is skin pigmentation?
Do you know skin pigmentation is a disorder it affects the skin color? Our skin gets color from a pigment called Melanin. Pigmentation is nothing but discoloration of skin color. If the melanin cells are disturbed or it becomes unhealthy then they start with more melanin productions. It can also result in patchy skin, you can get pigmentation on any part of the body.
Pigmentation can be of two types:
- Hyperpigmentation – It is the skin condition where skin patches are darker.
- Hypopigmentation – It is the skin condition where skin patches are lighter.
If you are suffering or on the initial phase of pigmentation, do not neglect it. Skin is the largest organ of our body, there are various reasons for getting pigmentation on your skin. We will also discuss the causes of skin pigmentation as well.
Skin pigmentation causes
Skin is a vast topic to discuss on. Let’s check some of the most common causes of skin pigmentation.
- Excess to sun exposure.
- Skin injuries.
- Skin problems.
- Chemotherapy or drugs.
- Hormonal changes.
- Addison disease.
You need to examine your skin condition with a dermatologist and need to understand your skin. Make sure you understand what causes skin discoloration on the face or any part of the body. Today we will understand on face discoloration.
Skin discoloration on face
It can be referred to as skin hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation is of several types:
- Age spots.
To identify if you are the victim of discoloration on your face or not. If you are suffering from any of these problems that means you are having from hyperpigmentation. Many of my patients have asked me the question “Why my face is darker than my body?” To answer this question lets go into the depth.
Why is my face darker than my body?
Let’s check the reasons in details:
- Our face skin produces more melanin compared to the rest of the body parts, so our face skin is darker. The harmful rays of the sunlight can damage the melanin cells and which makes our skin darker.
- Another reason can also be your skin is very sensitive.
- As our face is more exposed to the sunlight then rest of the body.
It is absolutely fine to have a darker face, but it differs from person to person. No one wants to have darker skin, thus there are many possible treatments to remove the darker skin. We will discuss the treatments on details.
What is hyperpigmentation treatment?
Hyperpigmentation is the discoloration of your skin color. In this, the skin color gets much darker than the original skin color. To take care of your skin condition you need to take a few measures to protect your skin from getting pigmented. There are many treatments such as clinical treatments, topical applications, home remedies. So now let check the treatments and its details.
Clinical treatments such as
- Chemical peels
- Q switch laser
- Co2 laser
Topical creams or medications such as
- Sunscreen lotion
- Aloe vera based moisturizer
- Hydroquinone cream
- Glycolic acid creams
Thus these treatments if taken with combinations with topical applications can give good results. Make sure you always protect your skin with sunscreen lotion.
How to use sunscreen lotion?
You stay inside the house or outside, you need to always apply sunscreen on your skin. To apply sunscreen lotion on your skin, let’s look into these steps properly.
- You need to apply sunscreen daily on your skin.
- You need to apply at least 20 to 30 mins before going outside in the sun.
- Take a small amount of sunscreen and apply in dot manner. So that the absorption of the cream will be good.
- After sunscreen lotion, you can apply your moisturizer.
- You can use any broad-spectrum sunscreen lotion.
- You should reapply sunscreen lotion again after 3 hrs. In a day 2 to 3 times its better to apply sunscreen lotion.
- For Indian skin tone, it’s better to use SPF 30 to SPF 50.
Do watch Dr. Dhananjay Chavan’s video on how to choose a sunscreen lotion. Hence, do watch the full video to understand completely on it.
Home remedies for pigmentation
There are so many home remedies for skin pigmentation, but it depends from person to person. All home remedies may not work for all, it is all trial and error method. Let’s check the remedies for pigmentation:
- You can apply fresh aloe vera on your skin, it will help in fading the pigmentation.
- You can take apple cider vinegar and water in equal amount and can apply on face and leave for 2 to 3 mins.
- Researches have shown that green tea also helps in deep pigmentation.
- Application of black tea water is also good for your skin.
- Tomato paste is also good for pigmentation. So it will be helping a lot.
Do try out these home remedies which suits your skin. Make sure you do it in a regular interval of time. Home remedies are not the only solution, but it can help you to some extent to give you good results. Thus don’t come to any conclusion, make sure to consult a dermatologist for better understanding your skin condition.
If you like the article don’t forget to share with your near and dear ones. You can also contact us on +91-7888091118 we will be happy to help you out.
Thank you so much for reading!
Dr. Dhananjay Chavan