Removing hair from daily shaving to painful waxing can be time-consuming and uncomfortable. But what if we told you that there was a solution? Laser hair removal is the answer for people looking for a long-lasting solution to unwanted hair.
Whether it’s pesky facial hair, ingrown hairs from shaving, or the frustration of waxing every few weeks, laser hair removal offers a convenient and long-lasting alternative.
Laser hair removal uses high-intensity light to penetrate the skin and target the pigment (melanin) in the hair follicle. The melanin absorbs the laser energy, which converts it into heat, damaging the follicle and preventing future hair growth.
Laser hair removal is an effective way to get rid of unwanted hair growth. But before undergoing the procedure, you must know the dos and don’ts of laser hair removal to achieve and maintain desired results.
Do’s and Don’ts Before, During and After Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a popular cosmetic procedure for removing unwanted hair from various body parts. While laser hair removal is considered safe and effective, there are important steps you should take before, during, and after the procedure to ensure optimal results and minimise potential side effects.
Before Laser Hair Removal
- Consult a dermatologist to determine if laser hair removal is right for you. Check your dermatologist’s credentials, look for experience, read online laser hair removal reviews, and ask about the laser technology they will use.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning for at least 2 weeks before the treatment.
- Always tell your doctor about any medication, allergies or skin treatments that you might be on.
- Do not wax, tweeze, or use hair removal creams in the area to be treated for at least 6 weeks before the treatment.
- Do not shave before coming, as your doctor requires to assess the hair growth for optimum laser settings.
- Do not take medications or supplements that make you more sensitive to light, such as antibiotics.
During Laser Hair Removal
- Wear protective eyewear to shield your eyes from the laser. A chilled air jet is used with the laser to reduce pain and increase patient comfort.
- If something is bothering you during treatment, don’t hesitate to inquire.
- Don’t touch, scratch or pick at the treated area.
After Laser Hair Removal
- Follow the aftercare instructions provided by your dermatologist, including strict sun protection, using a moisturiser and avoiding use of cosmetics for a few days.
- If the treated area is painful or swollen, apply a cold compress or ice pack to reduce discomfort.
- Call your dermatologist in case of any lasting redness, burns, crusts etc.
- Don’t expose the treated area to direct sunlight. Direct sun exposure can increase the risk of skin discolouration, use a broad spectrum sunscreen and wear protective clothing.
- Don’t pull out the burnt hair, they fall on their own. Avoid scratching at the treated skin
- Don’t use hot showers, harsh soaps, exfoliants and perfumes on the treated skin for about 3-5 days after the treatment.
Following these dos and don’ts can help ensure a safe, effective, and comfortable recovery after laser hair removal.
Laser hair removal is a popular and effective solution for reducing unwanted hair. However, following the dos and don’ts outlined in this guide is essential to ensure the best results.
Our expert dermatologists at Clear Skin Clinics, Pune, use the latest laser technology to eliminate unwanted hair growth and help you to achieve smooth and hair-free skin. If you are looking for laser hair removal treatment, book your appointment with Clear Skin Clinics, Pune, today!
For treating your skin condition, feel free to get in touch with one of our best dermatologists in Pune
. You can also call on +919584584111
to book an appointment at one of our skin clinics near you.