Can Microdermabrasion work for Skin Polishing?
Microdermabrasion for Skin Polishing
What is Microdermabrasion for Skin Polishing?
- The process of microdermabrasion exfoliates, polishes, and increases the lymphatic drainage of the skin by gently peeling off your skin cells. A professionally peeled skin helps it absorb nutrition thoroughly.
- A subtle vacuum sucks your skin and projects a stream of tiny crystals to scrape the surface of your skin, thereby removing dull and dead skin cells.
- Acne, comedones (blackheads), and dull or rough skin can be effectively treated by this method. Most times, individuals undergo this process with the focus on their face, but your neck, back, and hands can also be treated the same way.
Some other skin conditions which can be healed by microdermabrasion include:
- Sun and age-damaged skin
- Hyper and hypopigmentation
- Uneven skin tones
- Stretch marks
- Scars and blemishes
- Fine lines
- Enlarged Pores
How does Microdermabrasion work for Skin Polishing?
- Each session of microdermabrasion takes approximately 30-45 minutes. The number of sessions required varies according to the intensity and nature of your skin condition.
- The head of the machine is passed over the area in question multiple times. A stream of micro aluminum oxide crystals is directed on your skin through the head of the handheld device.
- A certain amount of redness and tingling develops and lasts for an hour or two. After a few days, your skin begins to lightly peel or flake. This goes on for nearly a week.
- Do not use any makeup on the skin that is going to be treated, at least two days before the day of your session.
- Use sunscreen every day for a week or so before the beginning of your treatment.
- If you have or had herpes, please inform your doctor about it.
- Let your doctor in on any information regarding medications that you have been consuming.
During Microdermabrasion Treatment
- Do not apply any makeup on your skin.
- After the handheld machine has been used on your skin for about 30 – 45 minutes, lotion or serum will be applied to your skin.
- Redness is common.
- Your skin may tingle during and after the treatment.
Post care after Microdermabrasion
- Do not overexpose your treated skin to direct sunlight for at least a week after your session.
- Use sunscreen regularly. SPF 30+ is a basic need. Increase this if your doctor advises you to do so.
- Do not get into a sauna or steam bath for a week after you have been treated.
- Do not use a tanning bed for a week after your treatment.
- Wash your face only after 6 – 8 hours of your treatment with a mild face wash and cold to lukewarm water.
- Maintain a gap of 3-4 weeks between microdermabrasion sessions.
- Avoid any applications of makeup for 3 days after the treatment.
Clearskin clinic offers pre and post procedure services. We also offer microdermabrasion sessions that are personalized for your needs.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Safe and non-surgical
- Quick and convenient
- Gives your skin a youthful glow
- Gets rid of dead skin and puts deeper layers of your skin in contact with nutrients in an effective way
- The use of non-allergenic crystals makes this a good choice for you if you have skin that is sensitive
- Quick recovery
- Does not disrupt day to day activities
If you have any queries or need a consultation, contact our skin specialists. Clearskin would love to help you achieve your skin goals!