Table Of Contents
How to Treat Melasma on Face?
Do you suffer from patches of brown or grey discolouration on your face? Do you find yourself feeling self-conscious or embarrassed about your face’s appearance?
Melasma is a common condition affecting many people, and finding the best treatment for melasma on the face can be challenging. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. But fear not, as we have got you covered with the ultimate guide to finding the best treatment for melasma on your face.
This article will discuss the various treatments available and help you determine the best approach for achieving clearer, healthier-looking skin.
Let’s get started!
Melasma is a skin condition that causes brown or grey patches on the face, particularly on the forehead, cheeks, nose, and upper lip. Melasma occurs when there is an overproduction of melanin, the pigment that gives colour to our skin, hair, and eyes.
The process of melanin production is controlled by specialised cells in the skin called melanocytes. These cells produce melanin and distribute it to the surrounding skin cells, giving them their characteristic colour. In people with melasma, the melanocytes in the affected areas produce too much melanin, forming patches on the skin.
The exact cause of melasma is not fully understood, but it is believed to be related to hormonal changes, sun exposure, genetics, and other factors. Hormonal changes, such as those that occur during pregnancy or when taking certain medications, can stimulate the melanocytes to produce more melanin, leading to the formation of melasma. Sun exposure is also a significant trigger for melasma, as UV rays can stimulate melanin production in the skin.
How to Treat Melasma on Face?
Let’s find the best melasma treatment in Pune. The following are the most common treatment options for melasma on the face:
- Consult a Dermatologist: Consulting a dermatologist with experience in melasma treatment can help you to determine the best treatment for melasma on the face.
- Topical Treatment: Various topical treatments can help lighten the dark patches of melasma. These include depigmenting creams containing hydroquinone, azelaic acid, kojic acid, or retinoids.
- Chemical Peels: Dermatologists may recommend chemical peels such as glycolic acid, mandalic acid, lactic acid, and other peels for the effective treatment of melasma under the eyes.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy: Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy involves injecting platelet-rich plasma into melasma-affected skin to achieve an even skin tone.
- Tranexamic Acid: For stubborn melasma on the cheeks and under the eyes, tranexamic acid can be effective as oral medication or creams.
- Laser Treatment: Laser treatment involves using a beam of light to break up the pigment in the skin. Various types of lasers are used for melasma forehead treatment, including Q-switched Nd:YAG.
- Sun Protection: Protecting your skin from the sun’s harmful rays is crucial in preventing melasma from worsening. Use broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher, wear a hat and sunglasses, and avoid prolonged sun exposure.
It’s important to note that melasma can be stubborn and may take several months to show improvement. Consistency with your treatment plan and sun protection is crucial for achieving good results. It’s recommended to consult with a dermatologist to determine the best treatment for melasma on the face.
Clear Skin Clinics Pune may have the solution you need if you are looking for effective treatment options for melasma on the face.
Don’t let melasma hold you back from feeling confident in your skin – contact Clear Skin Clinics Pune to schedule a consultation and get started on your journey towards clearer, more radiant skin today!
For treating your skin condition, feel free to get in touch with one of our best dermatologists in Pune
. You can also call on +919584584111
to book an appointment at one of our skin clinics near you.