Acne Treatment in Pune
Acne affects almost 80% of the people between the ages of 11 to 30. Acne is a skin disorder due to the plugging of hair follicles and the resulting inflammation. There are many causes of acne and they include hormonal imbalances, genetic factors, eating habits, stress, and the use of harmful cosmetics.
Types of Acne
- Papules: Papules are solid bumps that are raised. They are tender. The skin around a papule is usually slightly swollen and red. Papules form when whiteheads or blackheads irritate and damage the skin around them.
- Pustules: Pustules are large, tender bumps. They have a pus-filled center with a pink or red base. The pus may be whitish or yellowish and forms due to a build-up of bacterial cells. Pustules are similar to whiteheads in appearance, but they are larger and more inflamed.
- Nodules: Nodules are a severe form of acne and can be painful. They have no visible center or head and occur when clogged pores damage tissues and cells deep beneath the skin's surface. Nodules may cause dark spots or scarring.
- Cysts: Cysts form deeper within the skin than nodules and are the most severe type of acne blemish. They are very large, painful, red, or white pus-filled lumps. Cysts can also cause scarring.
- Blackheads: Blackheads are a mild form of acne and are caused due to clogged hair follicles. When the skin over the bump opens and gets exposed to air, it causes it to look black, and blackhead forms.
- Whiteheads: Whiteheads are also a form of mild acne. Whiteheads are small, round, white bumps on the skin's surface that occur when a pore becomes clogged with sebum, dead skin cells, and debris.
Treatment Methods for Acne
Dermatologists treat all types of acne. They personalize the treatment based on the patient’s skin type & grade of acne.
There are three broad approaches to Acne Treatment:
- Oral antibiotics
- Topical treatments in the form of creams, lotions, or face washes
- Medical procedures like chemical peels, lasers, and light therapies
Acne treatments work best when patients support them with lifestyle changes & dietary changes.
Topical medication for acne:
These act by either reducing the inflammation, promoting skin turnover, or reducing oil production.
- Antibiotics & Antibacterials: These act by killing the bacteria on the skin and reducing inflammation. They are usually prescribed along with retinoids. Commonly advised antibiotics include clindamycin and erythromycin.
- Dapsone: This gel is used in combination with topical retinoids. It has anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties.
- Retinoids: Retinoids are derived from Vitamin A and include compounds like adapalene and tretinoin. They prevent the plugging of hair follicles and are commonly recommended for acne treatment.
- Oral antibiotics: For moderate to severe acne, oral antibiotics are given to reduce inflammation and get rid of the bacterial infection. Tetracyclines like minocycline or doxycycline are usually prescribed. These are usually given in combination with topical antibiotics for better results.
- Oral contraceptives: Combined contraceptives, or those that contain both progestin and estrogen, are usually given for adolescent and adult women. This takes care of the hormonal imbalance. N\However, there can be side effects like breast tenderness, nausea, weight gain, and breakthrough bleeding.
- Spironolactone: This acts by binding to hormone receptors that reduce oil production.
- Isotretinoin: This is reserved for people with severe acne. Though very effective, tretinoin is only prescribed if all other medications have failed. It is strictly contraindicated in women who are trying to start a family or pregnant women for the same reason.
For severe acne, hydrocortisone can be a treatment option. It acts by shrinking the lesion and reducing inflammation.
Medical procedures for Acne:
- Chemical Peels: Chemicals like salicylic acid are applied to the skin to exfoliate the superficial layers. The concentration of the chemical solution depends on the severity of the acne and the skin type. This is usually done in combination with other treatment methods.
- Light procedures: Light therapy targets the acne-causing bacteria and reduces inflammation. The ideal method, the light source, and the dose is decided by the dermatologist. Some light therapies, like the blue-light therapy, can be done using a hand-held device at the comfort of your own home. Possible side-effects include redness, sensitivity to sunlight, and pain.
- Laser treatment for acne: Photodynamic therapy uses laser or light to treat acne-prone skin, giving long-lasting results. This is used for individuals with severe acne. The cost for acne treatment using lasers in Pune depends on the severity of acne, the skin type, the degree of scarring, and the number of sessions required. Get treated for pimples with laser therapy in Pune by our skilled dermatologists.
Do & Don't for Getting Acne
DO: Cleanse your face.
DO: Moisturise your skin.
DO: Stay hydrated.
DO: Use sunscreen daily.
DO: Follow a healthy diet.
DON’T: Pop and poke your pimples.
DON’T: Use excessive make-up products.
DON’T: Eat oily foods.
DON’T: Scrub your skin too roughly.
Why choose ClearSkin for Pimples Treatment in Pune?
If you are looking for the treatment of pimples in Pune, look no further. ClearSkin Clinic is the one-stop solution for all your acne-related problems. With some of the best doctors in Pune for acne treatment, we promise you a customized treatment plan that uses the latest FDA approved technology and treatments for healthy and glowing skin!
Treatments for Acne are oral medications, oral antibiotics, topical medications, topical medications & Medical procedures. READ MORE
Low level laser light therapy
After 1 Months
After 2 Months
After 4 Months
After 6 Months
Acne treatments require time, consistent efforts. Moreover, patients need to support acne treatments with overall lifestyle modification.
Acne & Pimples – Q&A
Do you think does birth control pills cause acne? Acne, generally seen in adults age when there is a change in the hormonal level. Other causes of acne are stress, medication, diet, weather, family history, hormonal changes due to changes in the menstrual cycle,...
Don’t you think, having flawless skin is a blessing? All ladies love to have clear and flawless skin at any time of the year. But due to heavy pollution, dust, unhealthy food habits, it becomes difficult to maintain healthy skin. When you are on your 20’s or ’30s any...
As you hit the puberty, it’s seen that acne is one of the common problems suffered by all girls. Acne problem is suffered by 85% of teenagers. Teenage acne is one of the common problems is not only young girls but also boys also. It is very important you should...
One of the major factors that contribute to pimples breakouts is oil production in the skin pores. Excessive oil production is responsible for acne breakouts. If not taken care of acne can leave permanent acne scars on the skin. If you are prone to get acne on your...
Do you know that acne is the chronic condition and it causes dark spots, marks, pimples etc on your face? No one likes to have acne on there face, chest or on the back for a long time. Do you know what causes pimples on the chest and back? Today we will discuss this...
Acne doesn’t make you happy when you have a function attend in next 2 days. Happiness is when you see your acne is fading off and you are having clear skin. We all can’t deny the fact of pimple/acne in our life at least once a life. Dreaming of having flawless and...
You are confused with acne and acne vulgaris, and don’t know where to get the answer? Suffering from this issue don’t know how to resolve the acne problem. You are searching for medicine for acne vulgaris, but not getting the name. Today Dr. Dhananjay Chavan will...
A beautiful is really bliss on today’s generations. On today’s days due to pollutions, dust and dirt, you may not have good skin. This may be really problematic to get spot-free skin. Acne is one of the common problems for oily skin. It can create whiteheads if you...
Are you fed up with your acne problems? It is really lowering your self-esteem and your confidence. Acne is really a frustrating problem. Don’t worry about your acne but make sure you are taking care of your skin properly. Today Dr. Dhananjay Chavan will explain to...
Acne is really frustrating, so are you suffering from acne-related issues? Don’t know how to get rid of acne dark spots? Don’t take stress, you are on the right page to solve your query. Therefore, try to have the patience to get a result, Dr Dhananjay Chavan will...