PRP for skin
If you are looking for shiny and glowing skin, then PRP is the most comfortable procedure. It is one of the most popular treatments for skin rejuvenation and acne problems. Let’s learn all about PRP treatment and how it helps our skin.
What is PRP?
PRP is a facial rejuvenation treatment that uses its own blood to stimulate collagen production. This process helps to eliminate the fine lines, wrinkles, and folds. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy uses concentrated plasma that contains approximately 3 to 5 times the number of platelets found in normal circulating blood. In addition, it contains various growth factors and other bioactive proteins that help in the rejuvenation of the skin.
How does PRP procedure work?
Platelets are body cells that aid the tissue to heal and produce new cells. Dermatologists inject your own PRP into targeted areas of the skin. Thereafter, the collagen production increases, tissue regeneration increases. As a result, the skin becomes smooth and tight. PRP softens wrinkles and creates skin texture and tone that is smoother, clearer, and younger-looking.
Benefits Of PRP:
Let’s check the points on the benefits of PRP:
- Minimally invasive, non-surgical procedure.
- No risk of allergic reactions, as PRP is the patient’s own blood.
- Results in skin improvements that are natural-looking and subtle.
- The results are visible within the first few weeks and can last for as long as two years
- It is useful to treat nearly any area of the body without risks of side-effects.
- Ideal for patients who not good candidates for injectable fillers or botox.
PRP treatment is a simple, safe procedure involving the following steps:
- Dermatologists withdraw blood from the patient and centrifuged to obtain plasma.
- The amount of blood they collect depends on the number of areas to be treated.
- The cells separate during the centrifugation process.
- Dermatologists extract the top layer of platelet-rich plasma and re-inject it into the targeted area.
Post PRP procedure:
The post PRP care is really important to understand the importance of the treatment.
- Put ice on the treated areas to prevent bruises or blisters.
- Swelling may occur. Schedule adequate intervals between two consecutive sessions to allow time for healing.
- Avoid doing any heavy work either at work or at home on the day of the procedure.
- Avoid taking any other pills/drugs without prescription for at least 7-20 days post-treatment.
- Protect your skin with sunblock and hydrate it with moisturizer.
Treatment sessions with a gap of 4-6 weeks are recommended after every 3 sessions for optimum results of PRP skin rejuvenation treatment. Post-treatment, the first effect will appear in the first month with improvement in the skin texture. Most of the collagen is reproduced in about 3 months after the treatment is finished. Thus, when the appears lifted and has lesser wrinkles or lines, giving it a more youthful look.