Tattoo Removal in Pune
Getting yourself inked has been a trend for the past decade. However, lots of times, people want to get rid of their tattoos as they are not happy with the results or the way it has aged. Thanks to advanced laser technology, tattoos can be removed easily and permanently. You will be happy to know that the charges for tattoo removal in Pune are affordable and reasonable at ClearSkin. You no longer have to live with a momentary decision you regret, our tattoo removal treatments help make your skin a blank canvas again.
Factors Affecting Laser Tattoo Removal
- Age of the tattoo: It is easier to remove older tattoos.
- Location on the body: The closer it is to the heart, the better the results are of removal. However, tattoos located on extremities are difficult to treat since the circulation is relatively poor.
- Ink colour: It is easier to remove black tattoos as this pigment absorbs all laser wavelengths. However, green, yellow, and fluorescent inks are very difficult to remove.
- Professional or amateur tattoo: Overall, amateur tattoos are easier to remove.
Tattoo Removal Treatment Methods
- Laser Tattoo Removal: Conventional methods of tattoo removal are extremely painful and can cause scarring and other side effects. Removing tattoos using lasers is the safest, quickest, and most effective method of tattoo removal. This technique uses a targeted high-intensity light beam to breakdown the pigments present in the tattoo.
It works on the theory of selective photothermolysis. When the right wavelength of light and pulse duration are used to target the pigment, it will heat the pigment to the point of destruction. This causes minimal damage to the surrounding skin. While most of these lasers operate on a nanosecond, the newer picosecond pulse duration lasers remove tattoos by a photomechanical effect. This physically fractures the tattoo particles.
Tattoo removal using lasers depends on the colour of the tattoo. Black absorbs all the wavelengths of the laser and is the easiest to remove. Fractional Q-switch Nd: YAG laser is used most commonly for tattoo removal. Laser Tattoo Removal cost in Pune is decided after an assessment by the dermatologist. The number of sessions, the size of the tattoo, the colours used and the depth of the ink, all decide the treatment plan for laser removal of tattoos.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Therapy: A light that is passed through a prism is focused on the target area of the skin and this causes the breakdown of the pigments present in the tattoo. These pigments are then cleared by the body’s lymphatic system. Because the therapy emits larger light pulses, it is suitable for bigger tattoos. Since permanent loss of colour (hypopigmentation) may occur, it is not advisable for dark-skinned individuals.
- Cryosurgery: Cryosurgery is done by introducing liquid nitrogen to the skin containing the tattoo. Following this, a specific light is introduced that peels the skin. This causes the lightening of the skin which leads to the gradual removal of the tattoo after multiple visits. This treatment is likely to damage the normal tissues as well. So, it is not suitable for individuals with sensitive skin. Moreover, it is not effective on green and yellow pigments.
- Dermabrasion: This involves the use of a mechanical grinding tool to remove the superficial layers of the skin. This helps in lightening the tattoo. This is a painful procedure that may require local or even general anesthesia. Multiple sessions may be done for complete removal and there is a long recovery period.
- Plastic Surgery: This is an invasive method that can be done for small tattoos. The skin containing the tattoo is removed under anesthesia and a graft of another layer of skin is planted on your tattooed skin. This also carries a risk of scarring.
- Saline Tattoo Removal: Saline tattoo removal is the process of using a salt solution to remove or lighten the tattoo. This method involves exposing the skin to the solution and allowing the scab that forms to heal. After the scab falls off, there may be a lightening of the tattoo. This procedure requires multiple sessions and does not guarantee permanent removal of the tattoo. This Is also a painful procedure that is done under local anesthesia.
Managing the Pain During the Procedure
A lot of people worry about the level of pain they will experience during the tattoo removal process. However, the level of pain you'll experience depends on the location of your tattoo, your threshold for pain, and the kind of removal treatment used.
Some of the methods used to manage the pain are:
- Ice packs: Ice packs are an easy and cost-efficient method to numb pain. However, 5-10 minutes of compression numbs the skin adequately.
- Topical numbing creams: These include benzocaine, lidocaine, and others. They are available in different strengths and formulations and help to numb the skin. These creams are applied about 30-45 minutes prior to treatment.
- Cold air machines: These provide fast and convenient numbing. Unlike ice packs, they can be applied before, during, and after treatment. Zimmer Cryo 6 cold air machine is the gold standard for tattoo removal. It works by blowing cold air (-30°C) on the skin for a few minutes, after which the skin is thoroughly numbed for treatment.
- Drinking plenty of water, avoiding caffeine, and keeping your skin hydrated throughout the course of treatment can also help reduce the pain.
Your skin may feel sunburned and remain red for a few days. A scab may also form before healing occurs. Moreover, the doctor will apply an antibacterial ointment. The same pain reduction measures described above can be used after treatment as well. In addition, strict photoprotection is advised on the treated area to avoid post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH).
Do’s and Don’ts after Tattoo Removal
DO: Keep the affected area clean and dry.
DO: Apply antibiotic ointment 2-3 times a day.
DO: Keep it covered for the first 2-3 days.
DON’T: Take hot baths.
DON’T: Expose it to direct sunlight.
DON’T: Use any cosmetics, since they can irritate the skin.
DON’T: Scrub the treated area since it is sensitive.
What are the Risks of Tattoo Removal Treatment?
Tattoo removal using laser therapy does involve a few risks and complications:-
- Allergic reactions: At ClearSkin, before beginning the procedure, the treating dermatologist will evaluate your response to ‘test spots’. A small area of the skin is tested for response to the laser. This helps in assessing the patient's tolerance for the procedure and if there is any allergic response to it.
- Pigmentation: Transient hypopigmentation lasting for a few weeks may occur as a reaction to laser treatment for tattoo removal. Although rare, hyperpigmentation may also be seen, which may take three to six months to resolve.
- Changes in skin texture: Textural changes in the skin may occur as a result of laser treatment. This usually resolves in some time.
- Persistent tattoos: At times, the ink pigments of the tattoo may be embedded deep in the skin and may become difficult to remove. Such tattoos may require multiple sessions and may never fully disappear.
Other side effects that are associated with tattoo removal are -
- Raising of the tattoo
- Temporary darkening of the skin
Why choose ClearSkin for Laser Tattoo Removal in Pune?
ClearSkin promises you a safe, relatively painless, and effective method for tattoo removal in Pune. Our skilled dermatologists, who are trained in the use of laser technology, assess your skin type and the tattoo to be removed, and provide you with a customized treatment plan for tattoo removal.
Duration of the tattoo removal session depends on the size of tattoo & pain threshold for individual patients. READ MORE
After 1 Months
After 3 Months
After 5 Months
After 7 Months
One treatment session isn’t going to be enough to rid you of your tattoo. Moreover, dermatologists may require a series of sessions for tattoo removal.