Laser Hair Removal in Pune
Laser hair removal treatment is a painless, permanent solution to remove unwanted hair in your body. No more weekly waxing or tweezing appointments and no more plucking or shaving at home! Laser hair removal treatments are available for areas of your body including the face, chin, leg, back, underarm, and bikini line. The cost of laser treatment for hair removal depends on the areas you want to treat. Costs depend on the packages and the number of sessions required. ClearSkin offers the latest technology in laser hair removal in Pune.
How is Laser Hair Removal Beneficial?
- Precision: Lasers target only the hair while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
- Speed: Each pulse can treat many hair follicles at the same time. Moreover, each pulse takes only a fraction of a second.
- Relatively permanent: Most patients have a major hair reduction and some even have permanent hair removal after about three to seven sessions.
This procedure targets the melanin in the hair. As a result, it works best with darker hair colours on light skin tones. So, even if some hair doesn't reduce or go, this procedure can help reduce the appearance of hair on the skin. This is possible by the lightening of the hair colour.
Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
Laser hair removal is one of the most common aesthetic procedures done all over the world. Laser hair removal follows the procedure of heating hair follicles to prevent hair growth. A highly focused light is absorbed by the hair, which stops new hair from growing. Laser treatment only reduces the amount of hair growing in a region and it takes three to four sessions to see a considerable reduction in hair growth. Laser treatment for hair removal is a relatively painless procedure with only a few seconds of mild discomfort. Laser hair removal from the face has added advantages of making your skin look softer and silkier when compared to waxing or electrolysis.
If you are planning to undergo a laser hair removal procedure, then you should avoid the following:
- Sun exposure
- Avoiding blood-thinning medications
- Shaving is okay to do a day before laser treatment.
You should avoid other hair removal activities for at least 6 weeks before the treatment as these activities may remove the hair roots temporarily.
- Prior to the procedure, your hair will be trimmed to a few millimetres above the skin surface.
- Then, a topical numbing medicine shall be applied at least 20- 30 minutes before the laser procedure.
- The dermatologist will adjust the laser equipment according to the colour, thickness, and location of your hair as well as your skin colour.
- You and your technician will need to wear goggles for eye protection.
- You also have to apply a cold gel to help the laser light penetrate the skin.
- Then, the technician will test a small area on the skin with a pulse of light. This to ensure that the settings are correct & optimum.
- Once the procedure is complete, you will need ice packs, anti-inflammatory creams or lotions, and cold water to ease any discomfort.
- Your next treatment session can be done four to six weeks later.
- Your treatment will continue until the hair stops growing.
- Blistering in darker complexions: Using a moisturizer or cooling gel right after the procedure can help manage these symptoms.
- Sunburned skin: Patients may feel a sensation similar to that of sunburned skin.
- Redness & irritation: Since the procedure damages hair follicles, the skin reacts by becoming red and getting irritated. However, this should reduce within a few hours after the procedure.
- Little swelling
- Scarring: Scars are not a common side effect of this procedure. However, if the technician makes a mistake, scarring can occur. Hence, it is important to undergo this procedure with qualified practitioners. Scars may also form if people do not care for the treated area correctly afterward.
- Changes in skin colour: This may occur as a temporary reaction after the procedure for some people. However, this reduces with time and the skin colour turns back to normal.
- Skin infection: Since the procedure damages the hair follicles, this can cause an infection risk. Hence, the treatment area should be taken care of to prevent any infection. Any unusual sensation or reaction should be reported to the dermatologist.
Post Procedure Care
- Avoid sun exposure for six weeks after the procedure. This is because sun exposure can make laser hair removal less effective.
- Cool compresses and moisturizers may help to control the sunburn.
- You can wear makeup the next day unless your face has blisters from the procedure.
- Wear sunscreen every time you go out. This will help prevent any temporary changes in the colour of the treated skin.
Most people undergo several treatment sessions over a span of 2-3 months. Usually, they require anywhere between four to six sessions. In fact, every treatment will need a time gap of six weeks each. This means that the full treatment cycle can take up to nine months.
Additionally, for the best results, you’ll likely need occasional maintenance sessions. These help ensure that the hair follicles don’t regenerate. You will need a maintenance session once or twice a year after your first treatment. However, this will vary from person to person.
Remember, this is a cosmetic procedure that requires training to perform. You need to undergo this procedure from a well-reputed clinic that is capable of managing any potential risks. Hence, make sure to do a thorough check of the credentials of the doctor or technician and the clinic, before getting laser hair removal.
How Much does Laser Hair Removal Cost in Pune?
The cost of laser hair removal procedures in Pune at ClearSkin depends on the area to be treated as well as the number of sessions of treatment it requires. Other factors that impact the cost of permanent hair removal laser treatment include the shade of your hair and skin, your skin tone, and the type of laser device used for treatment. Laser hair removal treatment packages are available for you to choose from based on your requirements.
For example, a full face hair removal package includes upper lips, chin, sides of the face, cheeks and neck. The cost of laser facial hair removal differs from person to person.
Full-body hair removal packages are also available at ClearSkin. The cost of full body hair removal by laser treatment in Pune is determined by the total area, and the hair texture and density.
Laser Hair Removal: Your Questions Answered
Who Can Get Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal treatments are available for men and women above the age of eighteen. Women who are pregnant, lactating or undergoing puberty are not advised to undergo this procedure. Since men have coarser hair when compared to women, they require more sessions of laser hair removal.
How Many Sessions Will I Need?
The number of sessions that you require for laser hair removal depends on the area being treated, the laser device that is being used, and the individual’s hair colour and texture. Typically hair removal by laser for the face, for example, requires about 6-8 sessions. For small areas like your upper lip or chin, each session lasts only about fifteen to twenty minutes. However, larger areas of the body require longer sessions that may last around one hour.
Is Laser Hair Removal Painful And What Are The Risks Involved?
Laser treatment for hair removal is a painless procedure with minimal risks. At ClearSkin, only skilled dermatologists perform laser hair removal procedures using high-end lasers, ensuring maximum safety. Very rare side-effects include redness and irritation of the skin and pigmentation in some cases.
Why Choose Laser Hair Removal?
Laser treatment for hair removal is very beneficial and cost-effective in the long run. A permanent solution for unwanted hair means fewer visits to the salon and no last-minute stress when you get ready to go out. Laser treatment also does not cause ingrowths as waxing does. Laser hair removal is a pain-free procedure to ensure silky-smooth skin that is long-lasting.
Why choose ClearSkin for Laser Hair Removal Treatment in Pune?
ClearSkin is a laser hair removal clinic in Pune and has a team of experienced and highly skilled dermatologists who will assess your skin type and requirements before providing you with the best treatment plan. Ask any of our clients, and you will learn how well we take care of you. All equipment and protocols are FDA approved, standardized and up to date, so you can trust us to solve your skin and hair troubles!
Depending on your hair growth, you will need anywhere between six to eight sessions of laser hair removal. READ MORE
You start to see results immediately after treatment. The results will differ from patient to patient.